About the Awards
What is Spiders X?
We have something very special lined up for the Spiders this year. The organisers are proud to announce that the Spiders will now be known as Spiders X and joining the Dublin Tech Summit family. This synergy will create unrivalled value for honourees, sponsors and attendees, and will further support the growth of Ireland’s digital landscape and start-up ecosystem. The combination of Ireland’s leading digital awards and Ireland’s largest tech companies confirms that Spiders X will be something quite unique.
Established in 1996, Spiders X is Ireland’s most prestigious digital awards ceremony and receiving an award is one of the market’s most sought-after recognitions for digital, web, community and brand excellence.
The awards reflect the tremendous growth of technology and digital innovation, and Spiders X will bring the best of Ireland’s business community together for a night of networking, celebration and collaboration. Our awards will celebrate Ireland’s most innovative and creative SMEs and start-ups as well as recognise the extraordinary achievements by teams, founders and CEOs.
Spiders X is considered an important benchmark for distinction and excellence in web-based business strategies. Our judging committee is made up of Ireland’s leading web experts, business leaders, luminaries and visionaries, while previous winners have been on the cutting edge of their chosen fields and have since gone on to great success in their respective industries.
The gallery from last year’s awards is available here.
With categories rewarding excellence in every conceivable field of this dynamic medium, entrants are judged by an independent panel of industry experts. Winners will be the brightest talents, the most innovative creators and the most dynamic companies. Could you be the next one?
The deadline for entries is Wednesday the 26th September at 5pm.
Why enter the Spider Awards?
- Exposure to hundreds of Ireland’s most dynamic digital companies
- Plenty of promotion opportunity with nominations, workshops and the ceremony
- Previous winners have reported a significant increase in sales / business as a direct result of winning an award.
- The independent endorsement of your company’s expertise and professionalism.
- Use of the widely recognised branded winners logo for use on your website and marketing / public relations material.
- Supported by Independent.ie and recognised quality branded sponsors.
- Award winners report positive results including higher awareness, sales and levels of staff morale.
- Awards supported by the Irish Internet Association, CoderDojo and independently judged by a panel of digital experts.
- Extensive media coverage reaching a national audience.
- Brand Ambassador Programme
Not going to enter? Maybe sponsorship could be for you. Click here to find out more.
2018 nominations Now OpenNominate Now
- All nominations are recorded and entered into the awards process.
- There is a €50 admin cost for an unlimited amount of entries.
- Pre-assessment judging is completed before submission to judges
- Entries will be assessed against good practice standards in web design and inclusion. Those that fail may be marked down or excluded from the judging. All entries will be expected to work within a range of browsers. Entries will also be expected to meet basic accessibility requirements for users with disabilities if they are funded by public money or are particularly important for social inclusion or equality. This includes commercial sites that provide a prime channel of access to products and services.
- From the approved entries submitted the spiders judging panel review each nomination and scores them accordingly based on the category criteria.
- The entries that score the highest through the scoring process are then reviewed again by the entire judging panel at the judges meeting and a vote is cast to establish the shortlist and then the overall winners.
- Any judge who may have a conflict of interest may not score a category, cast a vote or comment at this meeting.
- This is an independent process and the Sponsors, spiders staff or organiser do not select the nominees, shortlist or winners and neither do they influence the judges in any way.
- The shortlist will be announced in October 2018.
- Category winners and the Grand Prix winner are announced at the awards ceremony taking place on November 29th at the RDS Concert Hall.