About the Awards
We are delighted to announce that the IIA’s Net Visionary Awards programme will now join the 23 year old Spider Awards to act as the only industry-backed digital recognition platform. The Net Visionary Spiders Awards 2019 will take place on November 21st in Dublin, and will champion digital innovation and excellence across the Irish and international business community.
Established in 1996, the Spiders are Ireland’s most prestigious digital awards ceremony and receiving an award is one of the market’s most sought after recognitions for digital, web, community, and brand excellence. The Irish Internet Association (IIA), which is the independent representative body for internet businesses in Ireland, was established in 1997. It works with Irish businesses and FDIs operating in Ireland and helps to develop and drive growth in the digital economy. Combining both of these prestigious awards ceremonies together is the next big chapter in the Spiders and Net Visionary’s legacies.
2019 marks the 30th anniversary of the World Wide Web, founded by Sir Tim Berners-Lee, a British computer scientist. While the internet already existed as a ‘global network of networks’ since 1961 or so, the World Wide Web that Berners-Lee developed is a collection of information accessed via the internet and revolutionised and democratised the spread of information worldwide. Looking to the next 30 years of the Internet, IIA spokesperson Krissie Lundy said ‘It is a very exciting time to be in Ireland and in the digital economy right now, and we are proud to guide and promote the Irish and International business community in Ireland to embrace the digital economy.’
The awards reflect the tremendous growth of technology and digital innovation bringing the best of Ireland’s business community together for a night of networking, celebration, and collaboration. Our awards will celebrate Ireland’s most innovative and creative SME’s and startups, and will recognise the extraordinary achievements of teams, founders, and CEO’s.
Our judging committee (TBC) will be made up of Ireland’s leading Web experts, business leaders, luminaries and visionaries, while previous winners have been on the cutting edge of their chosen fields and have since gone onto great success in their respective industries.
Targeting the “who’s who” in the Irish online and digital sector, this is a unique opportunity to capture extensive brand value and ROI as the Net Visionary Spiders Awards 2019 Title Sponsor and/or Category Sponsor.
Why enter the Net Visionary Spiders Awards?
- Exposure to hundreds of Ireland’s most dynamic digital companies
- Plenty of promotion opportunity with nominations, workshops and the ceremony
- Previous winners have reported a significant increase in sales / business as a direct result of winning an award
- The independent endorsement of your company’s expertise and professionalism
- Use of the widely recognised branded winners logo for use on your website and marketing / public relations material
- Supported by Business & Finance and recognised quality branded sponsors
- Award winners report positive results including higher awareness, sales and levels of staff morale
- Awards supported by the Irish Internet Association, CoderDojo and independently judged by a panel of digital experts
- Extensive media coverage reaching a national audience
- Brand Ambassador Programme
Not going to enter? Maybe sponsorship could be for you. Click here to find out more.
2019 sponsorship opportunities availableSee the categories
- All nominations are recorded and entered into the awards process.
- There is a €50 admin cost for an unlimited amount of entries.
- Pre-assessment judging is completed before submission to judges
- Entries will be assessed against good practice standards in web design and inclusion. Those that fail may be marked down or excluded from the judging. All entries will be expected to work within a range of browsers. Entries will also be expected to meet basic accessibility requirements for users with disabilities if they are funded by public money or are particularly important for social inclusion or equality. This includes commercial sites that provide a prime channel of access to products and services.
- From the approved entries submitted the spiders judging panel review each nomination and scores them accordingly based on the category criteria.
- The entries that score the highest through the scoring process are then reviewed again by the entire judging panel at the judges meeting and a vote is cast to establish the shortlist and then the overall winners.
- Any judge who may have a conflict of interest may not score a category, cast a vote or comment at this meeting.
- This is an independent process and the sponsors, Net Visionary Spiders staff or organiser do not select the nominees, shortlist or winners and neither do they influence the judges in any way.
- The shortlist will be announced in October 2019.
- Category winners and the Trailblazer winner are announced at the awards ceremony taking place on November 21st.